By such high standards and aspirations, possibly the best Arab regime in an otherwise sorry list of Third World nations.
Gaddafi made mistakes, after he was installed by the USA in power 42 years ago.
He waged low intensity war against neighbors Chad and Egypt, which he should have avoided. Wars generally destroy nations to a certain degree in most cases. If after all he stated that he was against Western colonialism, what was he doing fighting Third World neighbors?
He should have avoided funding various "liberation" movements around the world.
He should have kept his grandiose Pan-African ideas to himself, since it ultimately made the Jew bankers nervous, which directly led to his downfall, through NATO and "al-CIA-duh".
For all his speeches against Western colonialism and exploitation, presumably not mere rhetoric but a feeling borne from horrific Italian rule of Libya 1911---1943 ......the man despite this deposited a wapping $150 billion of the nations wealth, or there abouts in Jew banks in the very same West.
I mean where's the consistency of policy? The Jew banks have since grabbed most of the money, and say they can't return the money to Libya.......though no movie will be produced to highlight this particular heist, or the heist on the Shah of Iran's money worth about $50 billion today's prices, or the heist on the last Czar of Imperial Russia's bank deposits in the West worth about $130 billion at today's prices?
Fund a revolution, kill the leader, grab his assets in the West.
Libya will go into a downward spiral, led by "al-CIA-duh" and their Western military overlords. Libyans will miss Gaddafi like a long cherished relative, just as many Iranians now rue the loss of the Shah.
In the West mean while Gaddafi will be seen as an "eccentric" leader who got what he deserved, as one "educated" Westerner so eloquently explained to me recently, without going into the minutiae of what Gaddafi really meant to the Libyan people, and what will follow in the years to come in Libya. Or why the West had to invade and destroy a country which was known as the Switzerland of Africa using and installing "al-CIA-duh" into power, with ALL the repercussions of this act further down the short, middle, long term time-line for the region.
First World countries, God's Gift to Mankind countries going around the globe, teaching people what for...........
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at zero percent interest by law.
3. Having a home considered a human right in Libya.
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 dinar (U.S.$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.
5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25 percent of Libyans were literate. Today, the figure is 83 percent.
6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kickstart their farms are all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need, the government funds them to go abroad, for it is not only paid for, but they get a U.S.$2,300/month for accommodation and car allowance.
8. If a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidizes 50 percent of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amounting to $150 billion are now frozen globally.(A lot of it is unaccounted for, not merely frozen waiting to be reclaimed by a "legitimate" Libyan government, as with Iran, the money will never be returned)
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession, as if he or she is employed, until employment is found.
12. A portion of every Libyan oil sale is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who gives birth to a child receive U.S.$5,000.
14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $0.15.
15. 25 percent of Libyans have a university degree.
16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Manmade River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country. (spent up to $30 billion on the project.....not a White Elephant project)