Mush is on a lecture tour in India being slowly rehabilitated as a possible replacement for Zardari, by the USA. For all the backing of America he will still continue with his double speak nonsense, and fuzzy logic on key issues.
The "Hero of Kargil", reportedly playing golf whilst his men were being slaughtered by the Indian artillery onslaught......5,000 Pakistani irregulars, against whom the Indians fired 250,000 artillery shells.
The man who sent terrorist/insurgents into India as sacrificial lambs in 1999, to scupper the possible peace deal between Sharif and Bhajpayee, over Kashmir.
He is in India now lecturing about how to achieve peace.
Mush wants to be third umpire between India and Pakistan.
From Times of India.
NEW DELHI: The root of terrorism is "festering political disputes", said former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf while expressing his desire to be the "third umpire" between Pakistan and India. Addressing a conclave here, Musharraf stuck to his old position that Kashmir was the key dispute which needed to be settled before terrorism could stop in this region or even inside Pakistan.
(Umpires by definition are neutral adjudicators:
1. Sports A person appointed to rule on plays, especially in baseball.2. A person appointed to settle a dispute that mediators have been unable to resolve; an arbitrator.
3. To act as referee for; rule or judge.
Musharaf is hardly a neutral adjudicator given his historical background, and his personal ideology...........................but lets indulge him, just maybe he has some pearls of wisdom with which to finally solve the Kashmir impasse of 62 years and running. Maybe he is a changed man from 1999, and he has experienced the Asoka moment just after the battle of Kalinga/Kargil?
Or he is merely, somewhat slyly reinventing himself as a reliable moderate civilian politician with whom India can do business with, but his underlying beliefs are still intact)
Musharraf detailed four challenges to Pakistan today: al-Qaida, militant Taliban, Talibanisation in the settled areas of Pakistan's Frontier provinces and extremism in Pakistan society. He put the cause of "freelance mujahideen" and "militancy in Pakistan" at the doorstep of the Kashmir issue, which all started since the Kashmir 'struggle' turned violent in 1989. Extremists in Pakistan, he said, have turned violent because they were showing "solidarity" with India's Muslims. "You should set your house in order," he said.
(Lets break this statement down for the moment, and go through it step by step.
1. "al-Qaeda" as well as Musharaf might know is a pure fiction and an invention of the Pakistan military in collaboration with Western intelligence. There simply is no "al-Qaeda". OBL probably died in 2001, and just a handful of his lieutenants exist. But the organization never had 5,000 fighters as was popularly reported in the 1990's and just after 2001. Most of the so called terrorist acts carried out by "al-Qaeda" in the Greater Middle East, Europe and East Africa is the work of mainly Israeli intelligence in collaboration with local intelligence as may be the situation, 9/11 NY, 7/7 London, Madrid 2004...........US Cole 2000.....and so on.
The 650 people handed over by Pakistan to America as "al-Qaeda" opperatives are mostly innocent Afghans or just Arabs who once worked closely with the ISI, in the jihad against the Soviet forces, but these people certainly did not fight that war as "al-Qaeda". "al-Qaeda" is a phantom challenge as long has the Pakistan military maintain the myth of the existence of "al-Qaeda" for Israel and the West.
So Musharaf is on a lecturing tour for his Israeli/American patrons and selling the standard narrative about "al-Qaeda".
2. The Taliban which Musharaf knows about was created by the Pakistani military, with America providing the idea, and the Gulf States funding it.....in 1994. From 1994---2009, the Pakistani military have maintained close linkages with the Afghan Taliban, numbering maybe between 8,000---10,000 men. Now in guerrilla warefare, you can sustain yourself like the Vietcong, and other radical groups like Mao's red army by living off your enemy, fighting them attacking them and taking their supplies, which is basically what the Vietcong and Mao's army did initially, until they got really big in the case of the Vietcong (600,000 by the late 1960's), where upon the Soviet Union and China provided assistance...........tanks, artillery, SAMs....the heavy stuff the Vietnamese could not manufacture.
With the Taliban in Afghanistan, they do very occasionally attack Occupation forces, but invariably entirely all of the attacks by the Afghan Taliban ends in a slaughter of the Taliban, because they lack many things.....good training, tactics, logistics, sophisticated arms, leadership......and most of all air cover......the Pakistani military who manage the Afghan Taliban have not given the Taliban any air defense equipment after 8 years of fighting, which again suggests that the Pakistan military are using the Afghan Taliban as "controlled opposition" for the Americans.
Further even a small force of 8,000--10,000 men of the Afghan Taliban require logistical assistance from a government, since we know for sure they aren't living off the enemy. That can only mean that since they are mainly based in Baluchistan as their unofficial headquarters, that the Pakistan military are managing the logistics of the Afghan Taliban......as "controlled opposition" for America, and not as a credible fighting force which is learning as it is fighting.
3) Ditto the Pakistan Taliban, about which I have extensively talked about in previous posts.
4) The Islamisation of Pakistan did not happen by magic, but through the actions of the Pakistan military from the late 1970's under Zia-UL-Haq, and the parallel funding of extremist groups based in Pakistan as an annex and extension of the Pakistan military......again this is common knowledge and there is a certain level of chutzpah for Musharaf to pretend that somehow Islamization in Pakistan happened over several decades without the knowledge of the Pakistan military..................he must take his Indian audience to be highly gullible and very stupid.
As to "freelance Mujaheddin" I mean he has got to be kidding.........no such thing; they are all backed by the Pakistan military. A style and fashioned developed specifically for Kashmir in 1947, and then again in 1965 under "Operation Gibraltar" and again in 1999. So he is talking utter misinformed nonsense, and he knows it.
Basically the Soviets in 1989 withdrew all their troops from Afghanistan, and the Pakistani military had tens upon thousands of Mujaheddin on their hands...what to do?.......Someone in the Pakistan army has another "bright idea" why don't we use this surplus manpower against India, in Kashmir......Great idea says the rest of the top brass of the Pakistan military. Basically that's how the Kashmir problem since 1989/90 started......because these bastards don't know about peace and settlement in essence, but imagine themselves to be great Napoleons. 50,000 dead since in Indian Kashmir, and I imagine it cost a fair bit for India to maintain 500,000 security personnel in that theater.
Huhhh?? "Extremists in Pakistan, he said, have turned violent because they were showing "solidarity" with India's Muslims." What for? Most Pakistanis look West, in terms of politics and the welfare of the ulema...........that means the plight of the Palestinians foremost, since you ain't a proper Muslim until you've developed an angst about the plight of the Palestinians; then Iraq, then Iran and Afghanistan............Most Pakistanis beyond Karachi couldn't give a shit what happens to the Muslims of India, beyond trying to make political mileage viz India from Godara, and Ayodyia.....what has the Pakistan government done for the Indian Muslims since 1947.......NOTHING, NOTHING...........not that I am saying they should within secular India, but this NOTHING indicates the majority of the Pakistanis attitude to the situation and plight of the Indian Muslims.
So another lie and misrepresentation by Musharaf............he is almost trying to say that in the cause of a higher calling of brotherly love and concern for the Indian Muslim, the Mujaheddin attacked Kashmir in 1989...............Well Musharaf if you are indirectly speaking to the Muslim constituency in India, I hope they see through your lie and they don't fall for this peace of bullshit.
"You should set your house in order," he said." Pakistan is failed state number 9, and Musharaf has the cheek to tell India, with its economy booming to set its house straight. On which planet does this Israeli/American backed kuta live on?
What has the Kashmir problem instigated by the Pakistan military, and Islamic militancy in Pakistan orchestrated by the Pakistan military..............have to do with India setting its house straight? Where is the logic and correlation?
I am hoping that the Times of India Tabloid (Bollywood/Hollywood/glamor/gossip cum Anglophone rag) is reporting accurately. After all one does want to call someone a kuta lightly, through misreporting.
He asked India to stop the blame game and said terrorists in Kabul, he named one as Ibrahim Dal "visit Delhi — we have photographic evidence". "We know what Indian consulates are doing in Jalalabad and Kandahar."
(India was invited to Afghanistan by the USA, Pakistan's buddy..........India along with Iran have probably done more for the Afghan people than any other country since 2001 in terms of development in the country. America has also asked India to provide troops for Afghanistan to which India has declined. Possibly from a psychological game perspective the Americans are using the Indian presence in Afghanistan to niggle the Pakistanis against India......if so the Pakistanis shouldn't fall for such a overt game, since it is AMERICA which ultimately decides who can do what in Afghanistan, a country more or less totally under their control.
If the Indians are allegedly attacking Pakistan from Afghanistan bases, then it is with the full knowledge and decision of the Americans. Also if the world knows that Pakistan is operating bases against India in Kashmir, from Pakistan then shouldn't the Indians have the right to do the same against Pakistan if the opportunity arises??? IN AFGHANISTAN WITH AMERICAN KNOWLEDGE AND APPROVAL????)
"RAW does exactly what the ISI does. Let us tell RAW and ISI to stop." He said the past has been "dirty", but the "blame" was on both sides. "Let us bury the past," he said, answering questions.
(True. .....................and that would be a good idea for the whole of South Asia.
RAW since its creation in 1968 has been one walking disaster after another, with the exception of the Liberation movement in East Pakistan/Bangladesh......flushed with their initial success in Bangladesh they went on into extensive covert ops in Sri Lanka, Pakistan of course, Nepal and Bangladesh.........from the 1970's into the 1990's until, as I understand it, their external covert ops have been severely curtailed since; so that is a good thing for India and a good thing for South Asia generally, if that is the case.
As to the ISI, it too has a very colorful history like RAW. But I fear despite it being moved under the control of the Interior ministry; essentially a superficial gesture..............the ISI may continue with its bad old ways, and what happened in Lahore is an indication of that, very recently.)