Every country is entitled to debate what constitutes a top economy.
Iran is now the 18th largest economy on earth according to CIA estimates, at about $1.5 trillion PPP GDP. (2016)
No amount of little JEW envy can change this fact. The name Persia is synonymous with wealth and opulence ......throughout history, save for brief interludes of the Arab invasion of (633–656) AD, the Mongol invasion of (1219-1221) AD.....and finally the evil British Empire and its domination of Persia from 1880--1953. During WWI, passive weak Persia became a running battle ground of greater powers, and the British the worst offenders who in their execution of war against the Ottoman Empire, murdered 50% of the population of Iran, in the process of the Great War in the Near East.
Their excuse for the genocide in Persia was that in times of war....confiscation of ALL food and transport in Persia must be given priority for their war machine in neighboring Mesopotamia over the lives of Persians.
Persia was not even an official colony of the evil British empire to be treated extremely badly....like else where.
The Evil British Empire run by the Jewish Rothschilds stated that it was normal to kill 4-5 million people in order to sustain the war machine of the British empire from 1916-1919......along the process of destroying the Ottoman Empire, and creating Israel.
According to Western sources, Iran will become much more rich....by 2050, as will the rest of the world. Perhaps an economy nearer $3.5 trillion or even $5 trillion in the future?
There are many factors which will determine Iran's growth. And determine its ultimate size by 2050.
The illegal mullahs in Tehran installed by the USA/UK in 1979, would have to go. It is obvious to most normal people that a mullahs place is in the Mosque, if they behave themselves talking about religious matters, rather than running sophisticated big countries like Iran. The mullahs have been a disaster for Iran, though obviously the USA/UK thought/think the mullahs are good for Iran.....as they do the Taliban (1994) CIA created,..... 'al-CIA-duh' CIA created from thin air in the 1990's......and ISIS again CIA created from 2014.
The faults of the mullah regime are glaringly cartoonish clear. We don't have to be expert investigative reporters of Iranian extraction to know the true facts of Iran under puppet mullah rule........that is why the USA/UK brought them to power after all:
1. The mullahs sustained the Iran/Iraq war for 8 years; causing $500 billion worth of damage to the country, and the death of possibly 1 million boys and men fighting Iraq, and CIA Saddam, an American recruited CIA agent since the 1950's. Saddam the American agent sought peace after two years of the war in 1982; the mullahs in Tehran were not interested. The mullahs in Tehran did not use their power to prevent a disastrous war with brother Iraq, which by no means was inevitable, despite the best efforts of the CIA, in Jordan Amman, persuading CIA Saddam of this 'historic opportunity' in 1979. The mullahs thought somewhat cynically that sustaining the war was good for their power consolidation, and defeating their perceived rivals the Tudeh and others.
2. The Iranian civil war 1981-1982 between the mullahs and the Tudeh left alliance; 100,000 dead.
3. The mullahs promoting pan-Islamism, and general Arab culture over and above traditional Persian identity. For a genuine Iranian who loves his country this might be considered a GREAT crime.
4. The de-legitimation of Iran's standing in the world, with silly OTT antics; taking over foreign embassies; threatening foreign writers ; holding Holocaust revisionist meetings and so on and so on.
5. The destruction of the Middle Class; their partial expulsion from the country 5 million of the most educated articulate Iranians in favor of the illiterate villagers, who are constantly promised great things, and used primarily in the security apparatus to keep the rest of the population in line.
6. Running a banana Republic economy which could collapse at any time. $2 trillion worth of Capital flight by wealthy Iranians who refuse to or cannot do business in mullah Iran. The current wisdom that mullahs and mullah cronies are the only people privileged and qualified to own and run significant parts of the economy through Bonyard charities, and corrupt banks that give loans to friends of the mullahs.
7. Running a very repressive police state, which has accounted for the death of possibly 30,000 political prisoners since 1979. A regime that executes more children than any other regime on earth.
8. Seeming to posture internationally, usually through speeches against Israel and the USA, and through talking up the Uranium Enrichment issue designed to niggle the USA and Israel. And through the support of Hamas and Hezbollah directly, WHILST not making any real efforts to defend itself militarily......spends JUST 3% of GDP on defense, and is not a significant conventional power....at rank number 18, with Israel at 11, and the USA at number 1. Turkey at 10; Pakistan 15, Egypt 17.
9. Upwards of 3 million drug addicts in mullah Iran where the regime touts its conservative austere, puritanical credentials, but is unable, and unwilling to tackle this serious national problem. Credible reports indicate that aspects of the mullah regime are involved in the narcotics trade into Iran from Afghanistan, and towards other countries such as Iraq and Turkey.
10. The mullahs are modern slave runners selling "surplus" destitute Iranians to Gulf Arab countries, who face an obvious bleak future there after. Any Iranians who dare criticizes this national mullah shame are punished with imprisonment or death.
Gay Mattis should not get a hard-on over this single crime issue.
AND the copy paste from wikipedia:
"The economy of Iran is a mixed and transition economy with a large public sector. Some 60 percent of the economy is centrally planned. It is dominated by oil and gas production, although over 40 industries are directly involved in the Tehran Stock Exchange, one of the best performing exchanges in the world over the past decade. With 10 percent of the world's proven oil reserves and 15 percent of its gas reserves, Iran is considered an "energy superpower"."
The BEST ASSET OF IRAN are its Aryan people......bizarrely mullah Iran is producing some of the best scientists in the world.....many of whom emigrate to the West, sadly.
"Price controls and subsidies, particularly on food and energy, burden the economy. Contraband, administrative controls, widespread corruption, and other restrictive factors undermine private sector-led growth. The legislature in late 2009 passed the subsidy reform plan. This is the most extensive economic reform since the government implemented gasoline rationing in 2007."
Too many mullahs, with zero economic skills and knowledge making too many bad decisions. The inclusion of bearded, certified, technocrats does not help.
"Most of the country's exports are oil and gas, accounting for a majority of government revenue in 2010. Oil export revenues enabled Iran to amass well over $135 billion in foreign exchange reserves as of Dec 2016.Iran ranked first in scientific growth in the world in 2011 and has one of the fastest rates of development in telecommunication globally."
"The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) are thought to control about one third of Iran's economy through subsidiaries and trusts. Estimates by the Los Angeles Times suggest IRGC has ties to over one hundred companies and annual revenue in excess of $12 billion, particularly in construction. The Ministry of Petroleum awarded IRGC billions of dollars in no-bid contracts as well as major infrastructure projects. Tasked with border control, IRGC maintains a monopoly on smuggling, costing Iranian companies billions of dollars each year. Smuggling is encouraged in part by the generous subsidization of domestic goods (including fuel). IRGC also runs the telecommunication company, laser eye-surgery clinics, makes cars, builds bridges and roads and develops oil and gas fields."
Major source of inefficiency and corruption for the state economy
"Welfare programs for the needy are managed by more than 30 public agencies alongside semi-state organizations known as bonyads, together with several private non-governmental organizations. Bonyads are a consortium of over 120 tax-exempt organizations that receive subsidies and religious donations. They answer directly to the Supreme Leader of Iran and control over 20% of GDP. Operating everything from vast soybean and cotton farms to hotels, soft drink, auto-manufacturing and shipping lines, they are seen as overstaffed, corrupt and generally unprofitable. Bonyad companies also compete with Iran's unprotected private sector, whose firms complain of the difficulty of competing with the subsidized bonyads. Bonyads are not subject to audit or Iran's accounting laws. Setad is a multi-sector business organization, with holdings of 37 companies, and an estimated value of $95 billion. It is under the control of the Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei, and created from thousands of properties confiscated from Iranians."
Major source of inefficiency and corruption for the state economy.
Iran among world’s top economies by 2050